January Update

Volunteering

Unfortunately, I was not able to volunteer at all this month. I am hoping to begin volunteering again at Second Harvest as soon as possible.

Monthly service hours: 0                                                                                                                                      Cumulative service hours this semester: 0 

Curricular Reflection

Winter break went by so much faster than I thought it would. During that time, I got the opportunity to really reflect on what I want for my future and what I would like to pursue. For years, I've only been interested in going to medical school and having a career in the medical field as a physician. I had not previously considered a career in the research field, but my success in this program has me interested in the possibility of at least considering other options involving drug research. 

With every module, I find myself more and more intrigued about pharmacology and drug discovery. This program has opened up my mind a lot in ways I never imagined--I think even more critically and independently, for example--, and I am curious and excited to explore other avenues. It's refreshing, in a way, to feel like I have found something else I can be truly passionate about.

After six weeks, I felt ready to jump back in and finish the second semester strong. I was very pleased with my performance on the Endocrine/Reproductive module exams. I stopped talking myself out of changing answers and trusted myself, and I benefited greatly from that. I feel like I have finally reached a point in my education where I can be truly confident that I prepared well and know what I'm doing.

Comments

Popular Posts